President Abdel Fattah al-Sisi has inaugurated the second phase of the Silo Foods Industries city affiliated to the National Service Projects Organization (NSPO) of the Armed Forces, in Sadat City, Monufiya Governorate, Thursday, in the presence of a number of ministers.
Here are insights & important information about the city:
- The first phase of Silo Foods Industries was inaugurated in 2021.
- Silo Foods Industries will produce about 500,000 tons of food products annually, which are exported to about 13 Arab and African countries.
- It is the first and only food industrial city in the Middle East.
- It aims to provide a wide range of food products with high quality and standards.
- Silo Foods Industries entered the Guinness World Records for achieving the largest school meal distribution rate, with 600 million meals during the 2022 academic year.
- It includes an area for future expansions at 120 acres.
- It contains 18 central warehouses with a capacity of about 55,000 tons.
- It includes seven factories for vegetables, frozen fruits, legumes, ready meals and juices, sauce and jam, in addition to a containers factory to pack the products.
- The project represents an idea of mutual complementarity that depends on benefiting from the agricultural projects implemented in the south of the valley, especially the wheat commodity and the animal and dairy production projects in Nubariya and Sadat City.
- The project aims to achieve the expected economic return and enhance Egyptian food security within the framework of compliance with environmental and health requirements.