Fifty-five Egyptian tourists have been struck by food poisoning at a resort in Hurghada, according to reports from medical sources from the Red Sea governorate on Friday morning.
The victims said they had been staying at the resort since Wednesday and were served liver and sausage for dinner, after which they suffered colic, diarrhea and vomiting.
Investigators into the poisoning incident assigned a committee from the Red Sea departments of health and supply to inspect the food served by the resort's restaurant.
The victims are all employees of Sohag University and their families taking a group vacation, according to the police investigation.
Edited translation from Al-Masry Al-Youm