Chicken pot pie isn’t too tricky to prepare, but all of its many flavors can be difficult to incorporate! Various ingredients can be included to achieve a unique taste every time you cook the dish for your family.
Just unleash your creativity to discover how many yummy meals you can get out of a chicken pot pie. For example, the pie can be stuffed with vegetables or topped with cheesy mashed potatoes. This time, however, try this recipe for a chicken and mushroom pot pie:
2 cups flour
3 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons powdered milk
2 tablespoons baking powder
1/2 cup milk
Salt and pepper
1 small chicken
1 cup white sauce
1 cup mushrooms
1. Boil the chicken, then slice it into strips. Season it with salt and pepper.
2. Sift a small amount of salt and flour together in a mixing bowl.
3. Cut the butter into small pieces, then add it to the flour. Rub the mixture together with your fingertips until it turns to crumbs.
4. Add the powdered milk and baking powder, and then pour the milk in gradually. Stir it until it becomes perfectly smooth.
5. On a floured surface, roll the pastry, making sure that the edges of the pie dish are also covered.
6. Mix the chicken slices with the mushrooms, then spread the slices over the pastry.
7. Separate the egg yolks from the whites, and then, while the pan is hot, add the yolks to white sauce. Stir them, then pour a third of the white sauce over the chicken.
8. Beat the egg whites until they are stiff, then add them to the rest of white sauce over a low heat while stirring gently.
9. Pour the sauce over the pastry.
10. Bake the pastry over medium heat in oven till it becomes golden brown.