Teaching your little girls to design a necklace that fits their own taste is an interesting, fun experience. A wearable craft gives kids a chance to get involved in an activity that engages both their minds and hands and develops their creative talent.
- Spool of thick string
- Colorful beads (It is better to purchase big beads and thick cord from bead specialty shops to make it easier for your little one to handle)
- Lettered beads to write a message or name on the necklace
- A favorite pendant
- Measure the necklace length you want by draping the string around your neck
- Do not cut the cord from the spool (beads will slip off).
- String the beads one at a time until you get close to the center. If you are using more than one color, ornament your necklace with matching beads.
- Place the lettered beads at the center or use a pendant such as a butterfly, flower, or heart instead.
- Resume stringing the rest of the beads, but make sure that you put the same number on the second side as you did on the first.
- Cut the string from the spool using a pair of scissors when you finish, leaving extra inches at the end.
- Tie the ends together tightly so the beads won’t slide off the string.